Pros & cons of getting married in each season
When choosing your wedding date there are so many things to take into consideration. The season you select determines the venue you choose, the decor, the food...and ultimately how your wedding photos and videos look. With this in mind, we've found the pros and cons of getting married in each season to help you decide which is perfect for you and your partner. Regardless of the season, your wedding will be spectacular and beautiful!
December to February
- This season is not as busy for venues, meaning the cost of holding your wedding could be cheaper.
- As alot of couples choose for a Spring/Summer wedding, your wedding will stand out and give your guests something to look forward to in the long Winter months.
- You will need to take into consideration the holiday season, with office work parties and Christmas presents to buy, will your guests have the budget to attend.
- We all know the weather ins unpredictable at the best of times, let alone in Winter! Bear in mind this could make travel difficult for some guests.
Winter Wedding Stationery & Accessories
March to May
- Spring is the season for beautiful fresh flowers! Many beautiful flowers available and in season, possibly allowing for lower pricing.
- This season is the start of 'wedding season'.
- Now is the time to think if any of guests have allergies if you are planning an outdoor ceremony or reception.
- The weather can be unpredictable!
- Be aware of school holidays, Easter, graduations...we wouldn't want your big day to clash!
Spring Wedding Stationery
June – August
- Now is the time people use up their holidays from work, so chances are people will be more flexible around this time of year.
- This is an amazing time of year for outdoor ceremonies and receptions. Think festival gatherings and tipis!
- Known as wedding season and for a reason! Guests might have to juggle numerous weddings in a short period of time. So they might not be able to attend.
- Guests might have planned family trips which they can not change.
- You do run the risk of having a heatwave on your big day, or alternatively a summer storm.
September to NovemberPros and cons of getting married in each season
- As Autumn is not as popular as Summer, wedding vendors may be more flexible with their available, this could be the same for wedding guests.
- Autumn is such a beautiful time of year!
- The food options allow for something a little different, think warm apple cider, soup, doughnuts...
- Due to school holidays some guest might find it difficult to find childcare for their kids.
- Keep in mind that it gets dark alot earlier this time of year. You may need to plan your ceremony a few hours earlier to ensure you have daylight for your wedding photos.