Thinking of Involving a Pet at Your Wedding? Read This First!
More and more couples are choosing to involve their beloved pets at their weddings. However, as any animal lover knows, pets can be rather unpredictable beings that are difficult to organise. Here is a list of tips and things to think about before you involve adorable little Whiskers in the ceremony.
- Make sure your wedding venue allows animals!
- Remember your pet’s personality: If your pet is usually badly behaved and snappy… their personality will not change for your wedding day! If anything, they will most likely become even more agitated.
- It doesn’t just have to be a dog, other pets that have been involved in weddings over the years are: horses, rabbits, cats and even pet pigs!
- Don’t ever make your pet do something that they don’t feel comfortable with. If they seem distressed when they see all of the people, their feelings must be taken into consideration. Being in a strange environment with a lot of strangers is enough to make even the calmest of pets uncomfortable.
- Make sure your pet has been washed and is nice and clean. Nobody wants a smelly animal at a wedding ceremony!
- If possible, take your pet to the wedding venue a couple of times before the big day. This way, they can get to know the area prior to your big day & help minimise the chances of any pet related drama!
- Make sure your pet has gone to the toilet before the ceremony. There’s nothing more mood-killing than a massive poo in the middle of the aisle!
- Assign someone to mind your pet during the ceremony. You pet can’t be left on their own!
- Don’t forget that your pet will need fresh water and food throughout the day!
- If you dress your pet up, make sure that they are comfortable and that their outfit fits properly.Pets are incredibly important parts of our lives and of our families too. We spend a lot of our time with them, share our homes with them and dedicate a whole lot of our time to them too. With this in mind, it comes as no surprise that some couples are actually thinking of ways that they can work their prized pet into the most important day in their lives.Thinking about planning your pet into your wedding day? If you are, then you might want to take a look through our list of things to think about before you take the plunge and include them in your plans.
Think about your pets personality
The first thing that you should think about when it comes to including your pet in your big day is how they are going to react. If your dog is incredibly hyper then they are likely to be bouncing around and getting up close and personal with your guests. If they are shy then they may want to hide away. If they are lazy (or a little on the old side) then you may find that they will be more than happy to go with the flow and simply lay down and chill out.
Always check with your venue that they are happy
You might be happy with your pet joining you for your big day, but you still need to make sure that everyone is on board. The first thing to do is to ask your venue whether or not they are happy with you bringing your pet for your celebrations. You may find that the majority of venues are fine, however, the last thing you are going to want is to organise your day around your dog, only to find that it is a big no from your venue.
Have someone to look after them
Seeing as it is your wedding day, you are going to be pretty busy, which means that despite loving your pet, you are going to not be able to focus on them 100%. What you need to do is to make sure that you find someone who is going to be able to look after them during the course of the day. This should be someone that you not only trust, but that your dog trusts too, after all, if they don’t feel comfortable with them then they won’t relax and the whole day is going to be a lot more stressful.
Make sure that they have treats, food and drink
Just like kids, dogs are going to get cranky if they don’t have food and drink throughout the day. So, make sure that feeding them and giving them some water is on the agenda. Not only should you take some food for them at dinner time, but it is also a good idea to take some treats for them too, as this will help to keep their focus as well as hopefully stopping them from begging at the tables from your guests.
Plan in photos with them
If you have gone to all the effort to have your dog as a part of your big day, then it makes sense that you make an effort to include them as much as you can. One great idea is to have them as a part of your photos. Not only is this great fun, but it also makes sure that you have plenty of memories for the future too, allowing you to look back and remember how great it was to have them by your side.
We love our pets and we want them to be there for all the key moments in our lives, therefore, it makes sense that we are going to want to include them in our wedding day. If this is something that you are thinking about, then keep in mind that there are plenty of things to think about and to make sure that you do.